scenario: one user per ip realizable?

Gandalf
Hi,

with great interesst I read about nGrinder.
Would a scenario like following be possible:
1 client has 1 ip and requests a Webserver to login with a unique user.
The user amount would be quite high, e.g. 90k.

Are then 90k agents required with 1 ip assigned on OS level?
The account management might be problamatic as well.

Thank you very much!

Re: scenario: one user per ip realizable?

junoyoon
Administrator
Nop. It's not possible. All the vusers in a agent will have a same IP.

To workaround this constraints, I saw some folks modified the server temporarily to get the IP from the parameter not from request.

Hi,

with great interesst I read about nGrinder.
Would a scenario like following be possible:
1 client has 1 ip and requests a Webserver to login with a unique user.
The user amount would be quite high, e.g. 90k.

Are then 90k agents required with 1 ip assigned on OS level?
The account management might be problamatic as well.

Thank you very much!

http://ngrinder.642.n7.nabble.com/scenario-one-user-per-ip-realizable-tp1580.html
To start a new topic under ngrinder-user-en, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ngrinder-user-en, click here.
NAML

Re: scenario: one user per ip realizable?

Gandalf
Thanks for your quick reply.

Would it be possible to handle this by the Grinder HTTPPlugin itself?
http://grinder.sourceforge.net/g3/http-plugin.html#Levels+of+Control

control = HTTPPluginControl.getConnectionDefaults()
control.setLocalAddress("192.168.1.77")

Probably by giving the vuser a parameter then which represents the localAddress?

Kind regards