nGrinder with maven and TestNG?

Brian  Brown
Hello all,

We have a lot of test code that is running with maven and uses TestNG for everything. TestNG has a lot of API compatibility with JUnit, but how hard would it be to use TestNG instead of JUnit - having classes like:

import net.grinder.scriptengine.groovy.testng.GrinderRunner
import net.grinder.scriptengine.groovy.testng.annotation.BeforeProcess
import net.grinder.scriptengine.groovy.testng.annotation.BeforeThread

etc.

I can't imagine it would actually be too hard to do, but I don't have any experience with the nGrinder code base.

Thoughts?

Re: nGrinder with maven and TestNG?

junoyoon
Administrator
nGrinder tightly binds to JUnit 4.8 internals and GrinderRunner tweaked engine's behavior to make the script runnable in the JUnit context(in IDE) and nGrinder context..

Even older version of JUnit is not compatible as well.
And.. we have no plan to support TestNG at all.

Re: nGrinder with maven and TestNG?

Brian  Brown
So, at the point my option is to rewrite the tests to use JUnit instead.

Thanks for responding!

- Brian

On February 21, 2014 at 9:39:25 AM, junoyoon [via ngrinder] ([hidden email]) wrote:

nGrinder tightly binds to JUnit 4.8 internals and GrinderRunner tweaked engine's behavior to make the script runnable in the JUnit context(in IDE) and nGrinder context..

Even older version of JUnit is not compatible as well.
And.. we have no plan to support TestNG at all.

http://ngrinder.642.n7.nabble.com/nGrinder-with-maven-and-TestNG-tp1324p1325.html
To unsubscribe from nGrinder with maven and TestNG?, click here.
NAML