To use Tomcat or not to use Tomcat?

colinmain
I have just started playing with nGrinder 3.3 and have to say it looks very good. Numerous tweaks, improvements and bug fixes and an even simpler deployment approach - all very impressive!

I have a question which I kind-of feel I should know the answer to, but I don't:
What are the practical differences between deploying via Tomcat and in "self-executable" mode? (We are safely behind a firewall and only using nGrinder in a secure intranet.)

Thanks in advance,

Colin Main
Colin

Re: To use Tomcat or not to use Tomcat?

junoyoon
Self executable mode is introduced for the non-tomcat expert.
In addition, it makes ngrinder clustering setting really easier.
See http://www.cubrid.org/wiki_ngrinder/entry/easy-clustering-guide.

However, if you're running ngrinder single mode and know tomcat very well.
I recommend you to run it on Tomcat becaz our major ngrinder deploy env is Tomcat.

A lot of ngrinder bugs under Tomcat env is already resolved. :-)

Except this.. there are no differences.