Recording asynchronous web socket request/response times

Recording asynchronous web socket request/response times

nmodin
Hi all,

I need to record the time between requests and responses for a web socker
server I have and can't really figure out how to achieve this. I have a
small java client that does the sending and receiving of web socket
messages, so i can record the response time for individual messages as the
sub protocol has message ids embedded in the message body.

Consider the following sequence (click link):
Async web socket sequence diagram

Is there any way I can do something similar to this, I.e measure the latency
I get myself (in script or in Java helper) and report this explicitly to grinder ?

I have had a look at the socket.io example but that isn't exactly what I want as this example is blocking.

Cheers,
Niklas

Re: Recording asynchronous web socket request/response times

junoyoon
Administrator

http://www.cubrid.org/wiki_ngrinder/entry/using-ngrinder-to-perform-load-test-for-a-socket-io-app

Please refer above

2015. 5. 26. 오후 5:32에 "nmodin [via ngrinder]" <[hidden email]>님이 작성:
Hi all,

I need to record the time between requests and responses for a web socker
server I have and can't really figure out how to achieve this. I have a
small java client that does the sending and receiving of web socket
messages, so i can record the response time for individual messages as the
sub protocol has message ids embedded in the message body.

Consider the following sequence (click link):
Async web socket sequence diagram

Is there any way I can do something similar to this, I.e measure the latency
I get myself (in script or in Java helper) and report this explicitly to grinder ?

I have had a look at the socket.io example but that isn't exactly what I want as this example is blocking.

Cheers,
Niklas

http://ngrinder.642.n7.nabble.com/Recording-asynchronous-web-socket-request-response-times-tp1805.html
To start a new topic under ngrinder-user-en, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ngrinder-user-en, click here.
NAML