NGrinder Results as mail attachment

Shankar
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I'm looking forward to an option of mailing the Log.zip file (generated after run under 'perftest' dir) along with the custom log file i'm writing during Test Run. I don't see any option of Auto Mail generation feature which can bundle log file along file with custom log file generated by script as mail attachment.

Is there any plugin or implementation (for Ngrinder/Grinder) that I can follow for Auto e-mail of log files after Test Run along with the link of Report page?

The idea here is that my custom log file will log All response Error along with Test Name for quick snapshot of run. The Report link anyway has detailed statistic report (in csv) & log file

I noticed that the current Grinder agent version 3.11 is two . version advanced than the version available in 'Ngrinder'. If there is compelling reason to run latest Grinder agent version, how can the Ngrinder agent version updated/upgraded?

Thanks in Advance for your Reply

Cheers,
Shankar

RE: NGrinder Results as mail attachment

junoyoon
Administrator

nGrinder gets only one process logs from a agent due to the log size.

The reason you want this is to analyze the performance test errors by reviewing a log in email?

RE: NGrinder Results as mail attachment

Shankar
Hi,

I don't plan to run a extended performance with logging turned ON, that will be counter productive. The idea here is to run a Quick check of REST API response Errors if any with Logging turned on before i start extended performance run.

My intention is quickly look at any response error logged by my script (written to a file) & match the logged result with the log file generated by process. For such a run i'm looking at single process log with 1 virtual user. The result when e-mailed will help in addressing the issue with API quickly rather than resolving it after extended Perf Run

Thanks,
Shankar

RE: NGrinder Results as mail attachment

junoyoon
Administrator
Isn't it enough for you to run Validate in the script editor?

Or... you can wirte the code running System.exit(1) by checking response.

If all process is shutdown, nGrinder controller will detect the whole agent failure automatically and stop the test.

Isn't it enough?

RE: NGrinder Results as mail attachment

Shankar
Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply. My intention is not to exit when I encounter response Error. The idea here is run single 1+1 Vuser/agent & log success or failure of response in a log file.

Since log file is not going to be huge for such a run, for this specific case a Auto email feature will quickly gather any API issue making reporting seamless & informed

In general, summary result of Perf run as e-mail is good to have feature. Do you agree?

Cheers,
Shankar

RE: NGrinder Results as mail attachment

junoyoon
Administrator

Well...

It seems similar with the feature planned for nGrinder 4.0.

We're planning to make nGrinder with a kind of availability checker by simply running nGrinder script once.

It will be implemented by the end of this year, Currently we don't support your scenarios yet.

Thank you for your prompt reply. My intention is not to exit when I encounter response Error. The idea here is run single 1+1 Vuser/agent & log success or failure of response in a log file.

Since log file is not going to be huge for such a run, a Auto email feature will quickly gather any API issue making reporting seamless & informed

Cheers,
Shankar

http://ngrinder.642.n7.nabble.com/NGrinder-Results-as-mail-attachment-tp402p412.html
NAML

RE: NGrinder Results as mail attachment

Shankar
Thank you for response again. Do you have any suggestion or ideas for integrating E-mail Summary (not a detailed one) reporting for notifying about Perf Run?

Is the E-mail reporting feature going to be in the roadmap for future release?

Thanks,
Shankar

RE: NGrinder Results as mail attachment

junoyoon
Administrator
Here, there are more than 200 developers using nGrinder in my company but no one requested such a requirement yet.

Previous 2.X version had this feature but it was not used at all.

You may think it's the must have feature but... we're evaluating this is just hope.

if you really need this.. you can make your own plugin extends org.ngrinder.extension.OnTestLifeCycleRunnable plugin extension.

I'll create the sample plugin project with some description in github. You can create the plugin by yourself.

RE: NGrinder Results as mail attachment

Shankar
Thank you. I will try developing the plugin & if i'm able to create something useful out of it, I will post it here.

Cheers, Shankar

RE: NGrinder Results as mail attachment

Shankar
I was able to Django 'SendMail' function for sending out files that I create during run.  Here is the link -> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/email/