Discuss the UI design of ngrinder 3.1

Alex Qin
Hi, all

I do some UI dessign for v3.1 and have some questions, please discuss them together and get some ideas.

1. Script sample list display and content page.

I put the script sample ("Sample") as a folder item at the top of script list for every user, click this item will show the script sample list (same as script list), click any sample, can show the content page.

In the sample content page, can look the script contents, also can edit the content, input a new name and commit message, click copy button and then save the content as a new script to your own script list.

2. Test default option configuration

Right now I don't comfirm which option is necessary, we'll discuss and add other test default options into the form.

3. User share.
Before implement the detailed UI, need to know some things, I have two possibilities.
   1) User share some test to others, this is complex for the DB relationship design and script management myabe, but user can manage which test he want to share, it's detailed to control.
       Design:
          Put the share operation in test detail page.
          Shared test shown in perftest list and the shared items will be marked.
    2) User share himself to others,  this is simpler than 1), user just need to know who is shared for him, and than he can see the shared user's all test. But I think it's a little savage, user has to share all of his tests to others even though he just want to share one of them.
       Design:
          Put the share operation in user profile modal.
          In perftest list page, put a share user dropdown list option on top of list, can shift different shared user's test list.

Second, need to confirm the shared user authority:
   1) Only can look the shared and finished tests in perftest list.
   2) Can look any status tests shared, modify the test configuration and run them.
   3) Can delete the shared tests.
   4) Can clone tests to himself, whether or not to clone scripts at the same time.

That's all, please participate the discussion and give some feedbacks.

Thanks.

RE: Discuss the UI design of ngrinder 3.1

junoyoon
Administrator

Dear Alex.. My comments are just below concerns.

JunHo Yoon
Global Platform Development Lab
/ Senior Engineer

13th FL., Bundang First Tower, 266-1, Seohyeon-dong, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, 463-824, KOREA
Tel 031-600-9071   Fax --   Mobile 010-6255-0559
Email  [hidden email]

NHN Business & Platform NAVER HANGAME 쥬니어네이버 해피빈 미투데이